Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully!
(1)“The Great Big Sumner Art Competition” runs till 10 March 2013. All entries are to be digitally submitted no later than 11:59pm on 10 March 2013. The finalists will be announced on Thursday, 14 March 2013. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Thursday, 21 March 2013.
(2) Entries must be submitted using the guidelines stated on http://www.sumnervillage.co.nz
(3) Submitted artwork must be your own original creation!
(4) You may submit up to 3 entries.
(5) All contestants will be required to agree to these competition Terms & Conditions in order to enter.
(6) All artwork is to be in landscape format and about Sumner and its area.
(7) All contestants must register for this contest by entering their name, email, age, phone number and mailing address and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest by completing, saving and returning the online form.
(8) A panel of professionals appointed by the Sumner Business Group will judge the Art Competition. The top 12 final pieces will be printed and displayed on the day of the Street Party to be held on 17 March 2013. The general public will place their vote and the result of this vote will assist in the final judging.
(9) By entering the Art Competition, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or artwork in any merchandise, advertisements or publicity carried out or produced by The Sumner Business Group and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. The Sumner Business Group can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any submitted artwork at the discretion of The Sumner Business. In turn, the contestant still retains the rights to use and publish their artwork.
(10) Prizes are as follows:
The Grand Prize Winner will have their piece digitally printed onto a skin and mounted onto two stacked shipping containers located on Wakefield Avenue.
The 12 Finalists will have their pieces printed in a 2014 Calendar produced by the Sumner Business Group
The Grand Prize Winner and the 12 Finalists will also be acknowledged on the Sumner Village website http://www.sumnervillage.co.nz.
(11) The Sumner Business Group’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Competition and the awarding of the Prizes.
(12) All entries become the property of the Sumner Business Group and will not be returned.
(13) The Sumner Business Group, its sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the competition rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
(14) If you enter, you may be added to the Sumner Business Group email-marketing list. The Sumner Business Group will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Art Competition will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
The Sumner Business Group collects your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep you informed about the Art Competition. The Sumner Business Group may also contact you from time to time with information about other competitions.
(15) By entering this Competition, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sumner Business Group and their respective employees, sponsors, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Art Competition or participation in any competition related activities.
(16) The Sumner Business Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this competition should any external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Sumner Business Group. The Sumner Business Group is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this competition. This competition will run in accordance with these competition rules, subject to amendment by The Sumner Business Group. The Sumner Business Group reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this competition or the rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
(17) Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the competition.
(18) Visit http://www.sumnervillage.co.nz to enter the “The Great Big Sumner” Art Competition.
If you have any questions not answered here, or suggestions, please send a note to email@example.com